Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Our Crazy Week in Review

On Thursday, May 15th, we finally received our barrel! My mom did a great job packing all the diapers, canned goods and treats for us. It was like Christmas unpacking all the food and putting it away. As we were unpacking it, Luke kept saying: "I'm so smiling." He was so happy! Some of our favorite surprises in the barrel were: Lucky Charms cereal, gummy bears, M&Ms, cookies, goldfish crackers, brownie mixes, marshmallows, and canned chicken. It's these little things that we miss and are so grateful to have them again! Thanks Mom!

Luke and Miriam were quite the playmates this week. One day they made up their own game that consisted of running from one end of the apartment to the other while holding hands. If Miriam happened to drop Luke's hand, she would reach up for it until he held on again. It was really cute. Then they played a game of chase one another around the kitchen table while I was cooking dinner. I hope they continue to play well together.
This is how I found Miriam as she was waking up from her nap. Look how big she is getting! She is now 15 months old!
Luke also got new Superman/Batman cartoon DVD in the barrel. He insisted upon wearing his Batman costume as he watched. Morgan and Luke had a great time watching these cartoons. Luke would even try to get the bad guys when they appeared on the TV. We love superheroes in our family!
A bit of sad news...Luke and Miriam have been sick. Luke had it first and then like any good older brother, gave it to his little sister. They both had fevers and Luke had a nasty cough. Miriam seemed to be the most pitiful though. She only wanted to be held in the way that Morgan is holding her in the picture. However as of this morning it seems that she is feeling better. Her fever has finally started to go down and she was even playing with toys. That's a good sign!



3 comments:

Corey said...

Wow, Miriam is getting big! She must be getting stretched while sleeping. But come on, you are bound to have tall kids, just look at the two of you!

I hope everyone is feeling better! Sick kids are no fun and taking care of sick kids isn't much funner.

Graham said...

That is sad that the kids have been sick. It seems like my kids are always sick.
So I was talking to my mom and found out you guys have no A.C. Bummer. We feel your pain, sorta. It is hot here, but we just stay inside in the A.C. I guess I didn't realize that you guys couldn't get Lucky Charms and all the rest of that stuff... so sad. No wonder you are looking forward to FLORIDA!!!
Luke is so funny. I can't believe how much he loves superheroes. My mom said he cried when he found out he couldn't fly... too cute. I guess it's something to look forward to with Gavin. :)

Have a great day!

Samantha Fife said...

We sure miss you guys! The kids are all getting so big, I don't realize how fast until I see pictures of Luke at school or somethng! When will you guys be back in the states? It's my turn to pick the vacation spot and Florida sounds pretty nice to me!